27 August 2010

Housing development

Camp Eggers is experiencing a housing boom. They are welding together shipping containers to turn into rooms. Here is a sample of the construction effort. They say these should be habitable in 7-10 days. I'll believe it when I see it.

I am living in the basement of a former Kabul residence. They will renovate it soon (three weeks?) and if I don't get a permanent room by then, I'll have to find another transient room to hang out in. I wanted to wait to get a permanent room before I signed up for internet service to get the hard wire. However, my antivirus and antispyware was aging and I had to sign up for the wireless. We get our personal internet from satellite and to say the least, it is not robust. Trying to download the virus definitions showed a nine hour wait.

I was number three on the housing list and then the put 12 civilian GS 12-14 employees up above me. I am now number 15. It could be 3-4 weeks to get into a permanent room with more convenient internet, TV, shower, and storage space. The joys of deployment.


--------------------------
Sent using BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment